NCAA vs. Kentucky & Bledsoe? N Y Times Thinks So

Revised 5/28 at 11:25 pm.

Remember back when a source told me that a reputable, national media outlet, probably the New York Times, was looking into shenanigans regarding one or more of UK’s talented freshmen? And I wrote about what I knew?

Sure you do. Hundreds of you wrote me. Many of you mentioned some of my mother’s sexual gymnastics  about which I had no prior knowledge, and my wife’s relationship with a donkey. Who knew?

And you told me what a scumbag I was for writing something that had nary a bit of truth to it.

Well, the hellhound is on UK’s trail yet again.

You can read the N Y Times front page story here.

All I’m sayin’ now is this: What goes around, comes around.

Okay, and, one more thing, this might not be the end of it.

1. just desserts
    Posted May 29, 2010 at 12:33 am | Permalink

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    (pause to catch breath)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

2. Timothy L. Schooler
    Posted May 29, 2010 at 10:19 am | Permalink

All these allegations happened while Bledsoe was a senior in High School. Are college’s supposed to investigate recruits like a governing body before they offer them a scholarship? How much would that cost and where would it begin and end?

Posted May 29, 2010 at 11:58 am | Permalink

Yes, I think schools have some responsibility to see that kids are genuinely eligible.

Posted May 29, 2010 at 10:33 pm | Permalink

Timothy:
    Here’s one thing to consider. The high school coach allegedly had to be paid to deliver Bledsoe. If true, then maybe someone connected to UK paid him. WWW?

5. Scott S
    Posted May 31, 2010 at 6:57 am | Permalink

Is this the biggest non-story, story in the latest (and quite feeble) attempt to tarnish the UK/Calipari association? Am I understanding everything here?

The NCAA clears this guy to play – correct? The activity in question is during his senior year in high school (involving his high school coach) – before there was even an assciation with UK? Am I correct?

Two questions arise for me. 1) If there is indeed an issue, should this not have been identified before the NCAA cleared Eric to for play? (What’s the point in having a clearing house if it cannot be relied upon?) 2) Isn’t this ‘story’ more salacious because it ultimately ends at UK? (not starts – ends)

I.e. a guy like Rick Bozich slings arrows and near accusations with nothing more than suppositions and hearsay. In my humble opinion – if you can dig up something that implicates Coach Cal and the Cats – bring it. If not – then shut up.

I suspect that this story will take several weeks if not months to play out. I also belive the NCAA will conclude that Calipari did nothing wrong. (I wonder what would have happened if Bledsoe played ay UAB or Alabama? (Me thinks – NOTHING!) Bozich will write another assualt with no foundation – i.e. life will go on as usual.

UK fans, this is likely a sign of the times to come. Cal will steal headlines, generate a lof buzz, enjoy a lot of success and every wannabe, fame-seeking jackass will dedicate their existance to finding SOMETHING – ANYTHING to throw at Cal and the Cats.

Would love to hear your thoughts and know that I never commented on your mother!

Posted May 31, 2010 at 8:23 am | Permalink

I have a couple of reliable sources, who advise me the N Y Times piece is but the tip of the iceberg, that there is more to come regarding Bledsoe and other of last year’s freshmen.

One, who, unlike me, is objective, and is also well aware of both the passion and paranoia of the Big Blue Nation, used the term “whistling past the graveyard” in describing UK fans who think this is nothing and will fade away without consequence.

7. Ville Man
    Posted May 31, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

UK may be screwed, but I’ll be surprised if they are able to dig up anything directly implicating Teflon John. He’s too slick for that. He’ll skate out of Lexington just as he did out of Memphis.