I Stand Corrected

I am advised by U of L Assistant SID Rocco Gasparro that I passed along incorrect information in a previous post — “Time Out Early For U of L Pigskinners” — regarding U of L football practice days between the Indiana State and UK games.

Gasparro writes: “I read your column and your information is not accurate. We aren’t off for three days. The team will workout on that Friday. Then they will take Saturday and Sunday off. They are basically getting one day off more than usual. We always take Mondays off, but instead we are taking Sunday off and practicing Monday . . .

“Also when Bobby Petrino was here, we would follow pretty much the same schedule. So for you to make those assumptions is totally inaccurate.”

Apparently my source, someone within the program who has provided reliable information in the past, was mistaken in this case.

I apologize for the publication of this apparent misinformation.

Posted July 28, 2009 at 11:41 pm | Permalink

Whether you were right or wrong, SK still can’t cut it.

2. CampT
    Posted July 29, 2009 at 10:09 am | Permalink

Turtleneck has got his minions patrolling the web for dissenters! Hilarious…

3. Belmar
    Posted July 29, 2009 at 10:40 am | Permalink

My guess is your source was correct but once word got out, suddenly the practice times changed.

4. ULTruth
    Posted July 29, 2009 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

Typical redmeat of lies and rumors from this site for the no life haters.

Posted July 29, 2009 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

I’m not exactly sure where ULTruth is coming from. But if his/her insinuation is that I’m a U of L hater, and that my intention is to diss my beloved Cardinals, he/she is sadly mistaken. As I’ve mentioned before here, I attended my first U of L athletic event at the age of 7 in 1952 and have been locked in as a die hard ever since. Which doesn’t mean I don’t call ‘em as I see ‘em with the Cards, on or off the field.

6. gnash001
    Posted July 29, 2009 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

What are your sources saying about the Greg Brohm thing?

7. Sonja
    Posted July 29, 2009 at 8:57 pm | Permalink

5 yard penalty for illegal procedure on this call, Seedy K. Or take five paragraphs out of your next thoughtful article/insight to the UofL football program. In any event, you did man up and admit the gaffe. They may just be hope for you yet as a journalist.