Jay Cardosi is an Idiot

It’s halftime of the Pitt/ Villanova game. Do we get to laugh at the stupid commentary of Greg Anthony and Seth Davis (who is really Billy Packer after Extreme Makeover Tournament Edition)? Do we get to see an interview with maybe The Rick or Roy Williams? Do we some stats?

Of course not.

We get Jay “Boy Do I Like To Hear My Self Talk And See Myself In The Monitor” Cardosi, bellowing about some possible tornado warnings miles south of the Metro Area.

Now don’t get me wrong. Advising people of severe weather is a good thing. But when you’re telecasting on several stations, you can let Jay Cardosi blather away on one and run a crawl under the others, advising people they click over for more important info.

But Noooooooooooooooo! There’s Jay Cardosi blabbering ad nauseum, saying the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over . . .

This happened on the last day of the regular season during the Duke/ Carolina game. I know the station heard from folks, because I personally know 23,974 people who called or emailed. Did WLKY-32 learn from that lesson?

Correct Answer: Absolutely Not!!!!!!

Geesh.

1. Fred
    Posted March 28, 2009 at 8:21 pm | Permalink

Amen.

2. marc mathews
    Posted March 28, 2009 at 11:35 pm | Permalink

amen. i am so sick of these overpaid idiots constantly breaking in to tell us it is going to rain hard. they said we were going to have bad weather all day today and it was actually quite nice. if i was as successful at my job as they are i would be living under a viaduct. where they are really doing us a disservice is teaching us not to pay attention to them because nothing ever happens. someday a bunch of people will die because chicken little has been scaring us all the time. thanks for letting me rant

3. chuck
    Posted March 29, 2009 at 1:51 am | Permalink

Well, it’s obvious WLKY changed policy since the UNC-Duke game. They said then that when a warning is in place for the viewing area, they have to interrupt programming. Today, there was a warning in the viewing area, but the game itself was never interrupted. I have no problem with them giving updates during commercials or a halftime show.

4. Gary Rizzo
    Posted March 29, 2009 at 1:22 pm | Permalink

I hear ya, but what do you mean “telecasting on several stations”? The channels are not going to cooperate, play nice, etc. and agree that one will broadcast the weather report if another has a big game to broadcast. So WLKY has a certain obligation to report, admittedly using crawlers and other non-interfering techniques as warranted.

5. Jim
    Posted September 12, 2010 at 9:38 am | Permalink

Are you a frickin’ idiot or what? Do you really think Jay wants to be in the station broadcasting rather than at home with his family or watching THAT SAME GAME? Understanding how the system works and who makes the decisions to preempt would serve you better in the future rather than ranting on about the “messenger.”

6. Nate
    Posted September 17, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Permalink

My guess is that there is some government regulation which says they have to break into programming in the event of “possible” “extreme” weather. I’m sure it costs the station extra money and they dislike doing it except in the rare event of some near apocalyptic Katrina-like megastorm. I bet Jay lives for that.

7. R Johnson
    Posted December 5, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

I HATE it when football interupts my TV time.

8. Dave
    Posted January 2, 2013 at 10:57 pm | Permalink

I think jay cardosi is a hero to look up to. He’s trying to keep everyone safe so would you want to know about severe weather that could affect you and your family or watch your ball game? I’d rather be safe than watch a ball game. He’s also trying to make the money to feed his family every night. What if all your local meteorologists were gone. Then you would ask how would I be informed? You don’t know how to do his job so you wouldnt be informed. We need people to step up and inform us about bad weather. I will be attending school for meteorology. I will be one of the few people that step up to the plate to inform about where to go when to go and when you can come back. I will be the best I can be and follow in Jay’s footsteps because he inspired me to be a brave person to step in front of a camera every night and tell you your local forecast.

9. real racing 3 hack android download
    Posted June 4, 2014 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

Hi there everyone, it’s my first go to see at this web page, and paragraph is genuinely
    fruitful designed for me, keep up posting these types of posts.